Call Toll Free: 1 (800) 879-3838

Flood Insurance

Flooding is defined as a "general and temporary condition where two or more acres of normally dry and or two or more properties are inundated by water or mudflow."

Flood insurance protects a house and it's contents from water damage. Homes in low lying areas and near bodies of water may be susceptible to flooding.

What Flood Insurance Covers

Flood insurance typically covers your structure and the contents of your home – each having their own deductibles and coverage limits.

The structure part of your flood insurance may cover the individual components (foundation, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) and appliances (refrigerators, stoves, water heaters, etc.) inside the home. The Contents part of your coverage typically covers belongings such as furniture, electronics, portable microwaves, etc.

When purchasing flood insurance be aware of coverage limits for each category coverage. If the total value of items in one category exceeds the category limit, you may want to consider purchasing addition protection for these specific categories.