Managing Your Business Insurance Plan
The following list includes only a few helpful steps. Consult with insurance agent and a loss control representative to learn more about containing insurance costs.
- Increase your deductibles.
- Establish a safety program.
- Implement and maintain professional loss control recommendations.
- Notify your insurer as soon as you learn of a loss.
- Keep your workplace clean and orderly.
- Carefully store all combustible products and equipment.
- Make sure all fire extinguishers are accessible and in good condition.
- Establish emergency procedures and conduct employee drills.
- Install a sprinkler system at your workplace and inspect it regularly.
- Review the Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) of your drivers annually.
- Establish fleet safety and fleet maintenance programs.
Employee Workers' Compensation
- Maintain accurate records of payroll divisions.
- Maintain an accurate OSHA log.
- Carefully review and track the progress of all workers' compensation claims.
- Implement an occupational injury management program to help bring injured employees back to work quickly.